New Drugs for Gout and Ulcerative Colitis
New drugs for gout and ulcerative colitis, two diseases that plague millions of people worldwide have been found.
 
Identifying the Signs of Breast Cancer
The early stages of breast cancer may not have any symptoms. That is why you must learn how to identify the signs of breast cancer before it's too late!
 
Full Body Detox
Lose 10 - 50lbs in 3 week with detox!
 
Do I Have Healthy Prostate Gland?
Don't wait until it's too late! Make sure you have healthy prostate gland.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Say Goodbye To Dieting

The first goal we have when going on a diet is to lose weight. The second goal is to keep the weight off. Why is it that we lose weight while dieting, and then gain it back when we stop the diet?

A diet is something temporary. We follow the guidelines, the do’s and don’ts, and the result is weight loss. As soon as we stop following those guidelines, we start to gain weight. It’s temporary. We need to educate ourselves about carbohydrates, sugar, fat and protein, and how they affect our bodies. We need a healthy, nutritional balance that will keep the weight off for good. What we need is a way of life.

I have struggled with my weight since I was 18; I am now 34 years old. Over a year ago, I decided to try the South Beach Diet. I lost over 30 pounds and have kept it off. What made the difference for me is that I made the choice to not treat it as a diet, but a way of life. I learned how to eat the foods I enjoy, but in a healthier way. Instead of white bread, I choose to eat wheat or grain bread, instead of white potatoes, I choose to eat yams or sweet potatoes. We don’t have to give up our favorite desserts or pasta, but we don’t have to eat them four or five days a week either.

If I want ice cream, chocolate or French-fries, then that’s what I allow myself to have, I don’t deprive myself of anything I want to eat. What I do though, is go right back to my way of life eating habits.

Why choose a temporary weight loss solution, when you can choose a permanent one? Say goodbye to dieting and choose a way of life.

by Cori Sachais Swidorsky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home